What To Send Us
Providing our guest with high quality gently used maternity clothes is our number one priority; this is the basis for our strict selection guidelines. We want our guest to feel awesome dressing in like new maternity clothes from Motherhood Closet - Maternity Consignment, which is why we hand inspect each and every item we receive.
If an item does not meet the highest quality standards, we will not accept it, and you will not see it in our online maternity consignment super store. All items are “practically new,” which means that they are free of ANY defect and function just as they did when they were originally purchased.
Here are some easy tips to help you get started:
- Check our Brands We Love page for guidance on the types of maternity designer labels that we do and do not accept on consignment.
- Maternity clothes should be of a current style and generally no older than 2 years.
- We accept any season maternity clothes.
- Maternity clothes should be in new or like-new condition.
- Maternity clothes should be freshly dry-cleaned or laundered. If Motherhood Closet - Maternity Consignment determines that an item needs cleaning, pressing, or minor repairs, these costs will be deducted from the consignor's payment.
- Maternity clothes must be free of any odor, holes, rips, tears, pet dander, cigarette smoke, stains and/or spots.
- We no longer accept maternity items from Liz Lange for Target, Old Navy Maternity, Oh Baby! by Motherhood Maternity, Duo Maternity, H&M Mama, and big box brands (think: Kohl's, Wal-Mart, K-Mart, Target, and Old Navy, etc.). As these brands pursue a “high-low” discounting strategy (in other words, everything ends up on sale and then on clearance) it’s very hard for us to price these items competitively on MotherhoodCloset.com and deliver value to both the buyer and the seller.
- Items send for consignment should have a MSRP (retail price) of at least $50.
- There are no minimum items to start a maternity consignment account with Motherhood Closet - Maternity Consignment.